‘Mandarin Companion’ book series

Mandarin Companion is a Chinese book series created by Jared Turner and John Pasden. Jared had greatly improved his Chinese by reading but was frustrated at the lack of suitable reading materials. John on the other hand had majored in Japanese, only to have started to learn Mandarin later on in China. Since he has worked at ChinesePod as academic director and host.

Their books draw upon key literacy levels, using key phrases, words and grammar points, in order to help you enter the ‘comfort zone’ to the Chinese language. They also use extensive reading to help you, as if we understand 98% of a books words then we ‘comfortably’ pick up the remaining 2%. As such, appropriate levels of learning offered  by graded readers places them among the best books to learn extensive reading.


Featured image supplied free from Pixabay.

Copyright © 2016 Zoë-Marie Beesley

Creative Commons License Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Advertisements